Monday, November 12, 2012

What real love is...


As I was asking the Lord what I should write for today's post, (I'm usually posting Marriage articles on Mondays) He reminded me of this famous piece of Scripture. We might have heard about it thousand times, yet we easily forget what REAL LOVE IS.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13

New International Version (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. - (ALWAYS)

Love never fails. 
But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Let us reflect on this passage today and analyse our marriages through the light of it. No, let us not analyse our husbands but us. Are we loving with REAL LOVE? are we really loving THIS way? which areas can we improve today?  :)

Remain blessed!




Linking with these wonderful blogs:


15 comments:

  1. So true. We can never read this scripture enough. Thanks for following the prompting this Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, my dear! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! blessings! take care & speak soon xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this post! Sometimes I read over this familiar scripture much too quickly and miss what God has for me. I'm taking my time today to slowly read and digest what God would show me through it. I appreciate your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, It happens to me as well...God has really ministered to me in this aspect. To reflect, meditate on his word...It doesn't matter if I don't read the BIBLE in one year (the plan) or read many many chapters a day. it's more valuable to treasure and live verse by verse...it's worthy! thanks for visiting, hope you are doing better, thoughts and prayers with you x

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful passage to reflect on.lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! love you blog! thanks for hosting the link up!

      Delete
  5. Love that--not our husbands but us! That's when we see the biggest change--when we ask God to change US to be more in line with 1 Corinthians 13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. amen! Love your statements Pam! thanks for reading! be blessed!

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful scripture! Oh that we truly understood God's love for us! Thank you for sharing and linking up at Simply Helping Him :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By far one of my favorite verses. Thanks so much for the beautiful reminder. I needed that today. Thanks for linking up with Matrimonial Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post and great reminder.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing with Thriving Thursdays! Love that passage...definitely one of those to really let sink in!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...