Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Liebster Award






The Liebster award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less and lets us little blogs have a great change to network and get to know each other (oh and hopefully grow into bigger blogs!)


As I briefly researched this award, I found out its very similar to a chain letter. There are a couple of reasons why I think it's better though. Reason One: This is an excellent tool to meet other bloggers. I prefer this method over the "If You Really Knew Me" posts circulating the blog world. Reason Two: bloggers nominate each other because they want to get to know each other. To me it's akin to a compliment from one blogger to the other.




 Without further discussion, here's my post about me,

Here are the rules:
Post 11 things about yourself
Answer the questions that have been posted by the people who gave you the award
Create 11 questions you want your nominees to answer
Pass this award on to a maximum of 11 blogs.
Let them know that you've given them the award!

I have been nominated by Esther at Esther Norine Designs

11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
1: I love living in Africa (God made my dream come true)
2: I love chocolate
3: I love coffee
4: Would love to write one book a year
5: Would love to read at least one book a month
6: Striving to become a more organized person
7: Love & miss Mexican food
8: Being a mother is best thing has even happened to me. Motherhood is a miracle.
9: I love making new friends
10: I'm quite talkative
11: Love graphic design...I dream of becoming a good graphic designer

ESTHER'S QUESTIONS
1: Name one thing on your bucket list?
Visit the 5 continents...been to 3 so far

2: Where is your ideal place to live?
Chihuahua, Chihuahua MEXICO (Hometown)

3: What is your favorite food?
Mexican, of course

4: What's the furthest you have ever been from home?
Botswana (Southern Africa)

5: If you could buy anything regardless of cost, what would you buy?
uhmm haven't thought about it...but would be happy to buy enough food to feed the needy

6: Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I'm not a pet person. Don't like animals

7: Where was your favorite vacation?
Actually my honeymoon in South Padre Island, Texas

8: How did you come up with your blog name?
I believe we as women were created with a Purpose, which is giving glory to our creator. I strive to accomplish it.

9: Are you a night owl or early bird?
Early bird

10: What is your favorite season?
Winter, love drinking lots of hot chocolate and coffee.

11: What is your favorite pick-me-up drink in the morning?
Coffee

MY QUESTIONS
1: Are you married? How old were you when you got married?
2:How many children do you have?
3: Your favorite color
4:Your favorite drink
5: Skirt or jeans?
6: Favorite book in the Bible
7: Favorite character from the Bible
8: How long have you been blogging?
9:Favorite hobby
10: Favorite Pet?
11: Favorite Bible Verse?

MY NOMINEES
1: Meghan Carver @ First Comes Love
2: Tracy @ My Daily Walk in His Grace
3: Rosilind @ Little R & R
4: Lori @ Be Not Weary
5: Jess @ Homestead For Him
6: Mary @ Visits With Mary
7: Mary @ Woman to Woman
8: Tauna @ Proverbial Homemaker
9: Alexandrea @ The Mt. Ephraim Center
10: Mel @  Essential Things Devotions
11: Nicole @ Seven Flowers
12: Ashley @ This Southern Girl's Heart


Linking Up with some of these wonderful blogs:

A Mama's Story,Marital Oneness Mondays,Raising Arrows,The Better Mom,The Modest Mom, What Joy is Mine Rachel WojoA Proverbs 31 wifeCovered In GraceYes, They're all oursA Holy ExperienceThe WellspringBecoming a Strong Woman of God,Far Above RubiesGrowing Home,Heavenly Homemakers,Thankful Homemaker,Time-Warp WifePause on The PathSimply BetterMercy InkCornerstone Confessions,Deep Roots At Home Frugally SustainableRaising HomemakersWe Are THAT Family ,SimplyHelping HimGetting Down With JesusGood Morning GirlsA Wise Woman Builds Her Home3 Four and underWomen Living WellServing Joyfully,  Feminine AdventuresOur Simple Country LifePassionate and Creative HomemakingRaising Mighty ArrowsThe Purposeful Mom, Christian Mommy Blogger

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wow you live in South Africa, thats incredible! I have a friend who is from there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet award and way to get to know other bloggers...Thanks for the nomination Angie...I LOVE mexican food also..my craving while pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a sweet award. It was fun getting to know you. I think Mexican food is the best too!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a Blessed Friday,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been out of town for a while - but I came back to find this wonderful post! Thank you so much!! It's great getting to know you. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - thank you for featuring me today. What an honor. Thanks for the link up. I hope you'll link up with me this weekend, too. http://www.littlerandr.org/2012/11/croatia-our-beautiful-homeland-weekend.html Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are AWESOME!! Thank you SOOO much for nominating me! I am truly just SOOO overjoyed!!! :) THANK YOU! :) I have to say that knowing you has been such a blessing to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! You are so wonderful Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for explaining this. I have seen the button on a few blogs and had no idea what it was. I found you through Frugal Days. I would LOVE for you to come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-8.html
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on receiving this award! I had no idea you're from Mexico. My heart belongs to SLP.....oh how I miss it. Blessings! Thank you for linking up at Simply Helping Him!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...