Monday, September 3, 2012

Working on a "happily ever after" marriage...


Ephesians 6:18 (ESV)

Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,


 Proverbs 31:11–12 (ESV)


The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. 
  She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.

I felt so happy when I read about the linky party coming-up for this month at womanlivingwell.org. It made to think or meditate on the state of my marriage.The aspects they're inviting us to write about are vital for a blessed godly marriage.

Regarding the first one; Praying for my husband...well, what can I say..it's great having a good hardworking husband as David. I feel trully blessed having such a godly, sweet, lifelong soulmate. I thank God everyday for His life- Seeing other marriages and other husbands around really makes you appreciate the one you have. I hear divorces and infidelity everywhere {sadly, even among Christians}.

However, of course there are aspects I would like my husband to change {as good and wonderful as he is there are few details, and hey! nobody is perfect!! I bet there are a bunch of "details" in me he would like me to change too). But I have learnt that nagging, complaining and arguing will never be the answer {I learnt it from having a uhmm let´s say quite difficult and controlling father...there was nothing, absolutely nothing that made him change but prayer, especially the ones coming from my lovely and patient mother}.
I once read that prayer is the most beautiful way to show love to somebody. And that's exactly how I want to show love to my husband.
On the other hand, it's important to have in mind the way we pray for him, reading the "Power of a praying wife" by Stormie Omartian, made me understand that the most effective prayer is the one in which we ask God to change us...instead of coming before him asking him to change this and that in him...we really need to focus on us...our weaknesses and needs before coming with a "CHANGE THIS AND THAT" prayer.
But as praying for our husband is concern is a good idea to have some kind of structure... I mean, there are so many needs! many that you may overlook some. I trully recommend, the "Power of a praying wife" by Stormie Omartian...¨{by the way looking for it's contents list...like the topics I found a downloadable version here. It basically gives you a topic or prayer petition for every day of the month. Really good resource to complement your devotionals.

Also recommend the 31 Days challenge by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

May the good Lord help us and guide us to "Do him good...{Proverbs 31:10-12} - Amen!

Linking-up with:







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...